Sunday, August 16, 2009

ketchup time. The story thus far.....

So up to date I have driven to Yellowknife, NWT with my best friend Monique to kidnap another friend (Lightbear) and make the pilgrimage to Shambhala. Woke up one morning to find her missing and myself stranded in the land of the Midnight Sun, though I love her much more for it and have learned now that it was only another blessing.
My near three weeks in the North was a little surreal. It definately took a while to get used to the sun never going down, and I made more friends and family than I could have ever imagined. I volunteered at Folk on the Rocks and saw the best YK has to offer. First festival of the year and it felt like I had brought summer to the North.
My last night in Yelloknife was phenomenal, the best damned game of hide and seek I have ever had in my life and that night it finally got dark. Stars actually glittered in the abyss above us, and even a quick glimpse of the northern lights. How blessed I am. Love to everyone I met up there, Nathan and Nina thank you for taking me in with such open hearts and housing me while I was there, LB and Felix for making it all happen, Kyla, Sari, Jaimee, Erich, Daysha, SEB for opening my eyes in so many ways, you have no idea! So many good times and memories I will never forget. All those I haven't quite remembered this moment; I blame the wake n bake. Thank you for sharing so many of the moments of my life at Shambs too!!
Lightbear and I walked out of Yellowknife on Friday August 31st, about a half hour before Nathan, Sari, and Kyla left in a car. We beat them to Fort Provedence, Enterprise, and then to Edmonton. We would have pit stop sessions on the side of the road every time they caught up to us. It was hysterical. And so Lightbear and I walked the most desolate highway (I have ever seen), the Mackenzie down into Alberta and on towards BC.
In total it took us a whopping NINE rides and three days to get to Shambhala. Over 2400 kms. It was a journey I will remember all the days of my life.
Our last and final ride was with three divine goddesses, Stefania, Mama Tenielle, and Joy Button (who is most literally all the world's joy stuffed into one button). They apologized for for being late, stating that they were hungry and had stopped for breakfast. We told them it was ok and we hadn't been waiting long. They brought us home.
I made it home,
A home I was never aware I had,
With a family I never knew existed.
I found all the love the universe has to offer,
in Mother Earth, Father Sky,
And the many brothers, sisters, mother and fathers I have made along the way.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
I would not be who I am today without all of you, everyone I have met along the way.
May the universe bless every moment of your life as it has blessed mine.

Shambhala was a life changing experience, as it is for everyone. And though I would love to tell everyone on blog I feel it much more powerful if I told you directly. So come ask me about my first Shambs if you wish.


1 comment: